Where would we be without our mothers? Well…to put it rather bluntly, we wouldn’t! As I look in my mind’s eye at God’s first created man I can envision one who struggled to make quite a few decisions. After all, didn’t he have to name all the critters? And, then there’s Eve, the mother of all living. Eve had her work cut out for her. Have you ever wondered why God created Eve? You may answer: Well, for procreation, of course! But, what if God created man asexual? What if God created man in such a way that Eve wasn’t needed for the reproductive process? The truth is: God could have created man any way he chose, but thought it best to give Adam a mate because he was alone. That’s not the only reason God created Eve. Allow me to share with you the top ten reasons God created Eve.
TOP TEN REASONS GOD CREATED EVE (written by Eve of course)
10. God worried that Adam would always be lost in the garden because men hate to ask for directions.
9. God knew that Adam would one day need someone to hand him the TV remote.
(Men don't want to see what's ON television; they want to see WHAT ELSE is on!)
8. God knew that Adam would never buy a new fig leaf when his seat wore out and would therefore need Eve to get one for him.
7. God knew that Adam would never make a doctor's appointment for himself.
6. God knew that Adam would never remember which day was garbage day.
5. God knew that if the world was to be populated, men would never be able to handle childbearing.
4. As "Keeper of the Garden," Adam would never remember where he put his tools.
3. The scripture account of creation indicates Adam needed someone to blame his troubles on when God caught him hiding in the garden.
2. As the Bible says, "It is not good for man to be alone!"
1. When God finished the creation of Adam, He stepped back, scratched His head and said, "I can do better than that."
It's interesting that the only time that God said, "It is not good" during His creation was when man was alone? I thank God for his wisdom in creating such a perfect complement to man. And, aren’t we blessed to have such Godly women help us raise our children?
Have a blessed ‘Mother’s Day’ and remember the One who gave it to you!
Kevin Lough is the minister at the Whitehall Church of Christ in Fairmont WV.